Spin Digital Video Technologies GmbH (Spin Digital), a German company specialized in high-performance video codecs for the next generation of high-quality media, has announced today that it will demonstrate at IBC 2018 a new version of its media player (Spin Player) for emerging applications such as 8K IP streaming for contribution and distribution, playback of 8K master files, and playback of 16K immersive media and 360° video.
The demonstration will take place from September 14 to 18 at the Amsterdam RAI at Hall 1 Booth 1.F11.
Spin Digital HEVC/H.265 Media Player (Spin Player)
Spin Digital has developed a software media player that is capable of reproducing 8K and 16K content using standard PC systems. The player is based on Spin Digital’s HEVC high performance decoder and video rendering SDK. A new version of the player, that extend its capabilities beyond 8K playback, will be demonstrated, including support for:
- 8K IP streaming: Based on the industry standards RTP and HLS, Spin Digital has developed a streaming solution for broadcast, applications VoD and applications:
- Broadcast: streaming using RTP with an 8K 4:2:2 10-bit HEVC format required for contribution applications.
- VoD and OTT: streaming using HLS with an 8K 4:2:0 10-bit HEVC format for distribution.
- 8K Master File: playback of 8K HEVC content in master file quality with 4:4:4 12-bit format at very high bitrates (600 Mbps).
- 16K Playback: Playback of HEVC video up to 16K resolution for the most demanding immersive media and large screen applications.
- VR/360° video: playback of 360° video in 8K resolution for ultra-high-quality VR and immersive media.
Featuring new 8K and 16K content encoded with Spin Digital’s HEVC Encoder
For the demonstrations Spin Digital will showcase new 8K and 16K content coming from different partners including: Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center (PSNC), NHK Media Technology, Azlab, Ars Electronica Center, TV Globo, Unigine Corp., and Loikka Kontakti.
All content has been encoded using Spin Digital’s high-quality and high compression HEVC Encoder (Spin Enc).
Contact and Meet us
If you are interested in the demonstrations you are invited to visit Spin Digital Booth 1.F11, Intel booth 5.B65, and Advantech booth 11.C32.
Arrange a meeting with us to learn more about our products or discuss how Spin Digital can help you with the transition to 8K & 16K video with HEVC software video codecs.
- Mauricio Alvarez Mesa, CEO – mauricio(at)spin-digital.com
- Contact and sales in Japan: Taketoshi Kariya, Executive Officer – tkariya(at)tjc.ne.jp