Spin Digital, a partner of the Immersify consortium, will present a new version of its software solutions for 8K HEVC live streaming, HDR conversion, and 8K playback at IBC 2019. Onsite demonstrations will be presented at booth 1.F11 (Hall 1) from September 13-17, at the Amsterdam RAI.
At this year’s IBC the company will present new features of its media player specifically tailored to the professional segment, including:
- 8K Media Player with 12G SDI interface: Spin Digital Media Player now supports 12G SDI output for 8K HEVC video. 12G SDI offers the bandwidth required for the transmission of uncompressed 8Kp60 10-bit video by using a quad-link 12G configuration. The SDI video playback is addressed for professionals requiring maximum control of the video processing and display chain.
- Real-time 8K HDR/WCG Conversion: Spin Digital products now support in-flight conversions for HDR and WCG including: direct and inverse tone mapping (HDR to SDR, SDR to HDR, and HDR to HDR), and gamut conversion (including gamut extension and gamut reduction). These conversions can be performed in real-time for 8K video up to 120 fps.
- 8K HEVC Live Streaming: Spin Digital together with Advantech is showcasing a live streaming solution for 8K HEVC video based on the Advantech VEGA encoder platform, and Spin Digital live streaming server and 8K media player. The cloud streaming system has been jointly developed with NHK Technologies Inc, a subsidiary of NHK, that is planning to offer 8K live services based on this solution.
- 8K+ Immersive Playback: Spin Digital presents a new version of its media player for high-end 360° video. Spin Player can process very high resolution panoramic video (up to 16Kx8K 60 Hz) for preserving maximum quality. In addition, the video rendering engine has been redesigned to offer smoother playback and more responsive user interaction.
Content from Immersify and Partners
New 8K and immersive content will be presented during the demonstrations. The content has been created by Immersify project partners and external collaborators including:
- Berlin timelapse, Kusatsu Day, Fuji, Haru by NHK Technologies (8K video)
- Follow car and Karkonosze Mountains by PSNC (8K video)
- Singing Sand 2.0 by Tadej Droljc (8K video)
- Island in the sky II by Martin Heck (8K timelapse)
- Pandarama by ARRI (12K 360 degree video)
- The Great Pyramid in 3D, from the BBC Series Ancient Invisible Cities by BBC and ScanLab (12K 360 degree video)
- Rio Carnival 2016 by TV Globo by NHK (8K video)
- The Noise and the Structure by PSNC (12K 360 degree video)
More information can be found on Spin Digital website: https://spin-digital.com/events/ibc-2019/
Paper at the IBC Conference
In addition to the demonstrations, a paper will be presented at the IBC conference. Titled: “Advanced video compression and rendering for highly immersive 8K+ applications” and co-authored by Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa, Sergio Sanz-Rodríguez and Chi Ching Chi from Spin Digital, Maciej Glowiak from PSNC, and Roland Haring from Ars Electronica Futurelab, the paper presents the work performed on tools designed to simplify the distribution, playback, and adaptation of high-quality immersive content for new immersive environments.
The paper will be presented by Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa from Spin Digital on Saturday September 14th at 15:30h. Room E-102 of the RAI exhibition center in Amsterdam.
This activity has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 762079 (www.immersify.eu)